Monday, October 5, 2009

string me to sleep

"Never leave a place unless it is better than you found it"

I guess this has been the incantation in the back of my mind keeping me from moving on. I feel like my job here isn't done yet. Like there's so much more I can do to help. Sometimes in order to become yourself, you need to let things that you love go. Problem is, I don't know if I really want to find out who that is. I like to make myself think that I am perfectly content right here, right now. It's comfortable, it's safe. I find that being in awkward situations are the ones that help us most to grow. Being in the moment, it feels like you're stuck, and once it's over, it feels good to have that experience in the bag. At the root of everything, success, happiness, love, is confidence. Confidence is one of those things that is unpredictable and uncertain. Sometimes this is good. just sometimes. Other times people can be so focused on maintaining their image and being confident that they hardly realize what a number it is doing to the confidence of the person next to them or across the room. People will find reasons to vent negativity. It's hard to be confident after some recent disappointment or problem, the pressures that surround us, and all of this uncertainty. To those who keep it, and work it are absolutely commendable. For some people, they've never had it, and are okay with being treated as though they are inferior, and damaged. This makes everything even more incredibly difficult.
Let's love unconditionally. Let's encourage. Let's light the fire in our hearts and shed some light on someone elses. Let's give second chances to the ones that were too insecure to be themselves the first time. For them.

Love is love.
-emj

No comments: